viernes, 10 de mayo de 2013

The body and commands

Thanks to this song, we can help our pupils to develop some English learning skills, such as listening and speaking, by singing, dancing and playing. They may learn some vocabulary about the parts of the body and some easy commands (Total Physical Responses). 

After having worked on the song, we may play another game. The teacher says a part of the body together with a command, and the pupils have to perform it as in the song. I think this is a very fun and entertaining activity.





5 comentarios:

  1. Hello Davinia:

    I like your post very much and I think is very useful to work with children in first years of Primary Level. As you say it uses the Physical Response Learning, and this is a good way to improve some different skills when learning a language. Children will enjoy and learn at the same time.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. They will love the song!!! And I think it´s really interesting in order to learn the parts of the body and some movements.

    Sheila Rodríguez.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello Davinia:

    I like this entry because you combine the physical movements with learning english at the same time. Children love this type of songs and I try to use them in my classes too.
    Thank you very much to share it with us.
    Mª Carmen Sánchez

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hello Davinia!

    Congratulations on your blog!

    I love the song you have shared parts of the body. Kids will love it and learn faster, because while singing the song make gestures, which helps them better understand.
    I've put them in class song and they loved.

    Thank you very much for sharing

    Regards

    María

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Love this song! My nephews have really enjoyed themselves when I have played it at home.

    ResponderEliminar